Touchpad problem on Acer Aspire VN7-591G Ultrabook

Gyuzal
Gyuzal Member Posts: 2 New User

I'd so appreciate if someone could give an advice.

I have a problem finding a driver for the touchpad on my Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition (VN-591G) with Windows 8.1.

The touchpad itself works fine, but it has only tapping functionality, I want to activate gestures like vertical and horisontal scrolling. I've already tried to install Synaptics pointing device or Elan driver and although, the installation was successful, I cannot see any settings in my mouse configuration.

There might be a solution (googled) to install Intel Chipset driver and then Intel I/O driver. I've updated the first one, and before installing Intel I/O I need to configure BIOS Advanced settings, however there is not 'Advanced' tab in my BIOS. Seems like I'm in trap.

I would appreciate if someone could suggest another solutions to activate gestures.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You know you need to use two fingers to scroll?

Problems with the VN7-591G Touchpad are an 8.1 driver that doesn't work great and sometimes a bad touchpad.

You may need to get a USB or wireless mouse until the driver gets sorted out.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You know you need to use two fingers to scroll?

Problems with the VN7-591G Touchpad are an 8.1 driver that doesn't work great and sometimes a bad touchpad.

You may need to get a USB or wireless mouse until the driver gets sorted out.

• Gyuzal
    Gyuzal Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your reply! Huh, surprisingly, I didn't know I can scroll with 2 fingers.