Too many models

Options
qoozy
qoozy Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, I want to buy Acer v nitro 17 black edition model; however, I was shocked by the amount of variations that are available on the market.

Therefore, I have several questions and I will be glad to receive some straight answers to make up my mind:

1. Do all the models have GTX960M or there are 1050 (60,70) also available? 
  2. Do all the models have Thunderbolt 3 available? Are there any registered restrictions? Like there was with Dell thunderbolts when 2 ports couldn't work in parallel to the fullest.
  3. Is there any list with all model differences? I have found only VN7-791G-76Z8 , VN7-792G-75RU , VN7-792G-76YK , VN7-792G-797V.
  4. What is upgradeable by the user (RAM, storage, etc.)? I found somewhere that the model that has DVD is not intended to be replaced by SSD.

Answers

• qoozy
    qoozy Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Well, the community is quite responsive.

• MasterchiefWell
    MasterchiefWell Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Hello i just sending you a private message i tough that you have acer v nitro....

I will gove you some recomendation what is your budget???

and whats your country youare in??

• MasterchiefWell

Tinkerer

Options

In these year i would like you to give you advice that dont buy a laptop that have gtx 960m if youre buy it for gaming buy laptop that have a gtx 1050ti or 1060.. The performance is unbelievable much faster and the price not so different...

• MasterchiefWell

Tinkerer

Options

1. For your question about acer v nitro yes there are gtx 1060 version(vn 593 i think) but that version i think is still available in US price about 1200 us... If you live in US i recomended you to check amazon because acer predator is at sale at 1200 dollar to.. It has thunderbolt 3..

2. I think all of version acer v nitro has thunderbolt 3 but you need to check that..

• MasterchiefWell

Tinkerer

Options

Just for info..

I dont think you should worry very much about the version...

You just need to see the spec not the version..

exmpple i wanted to buy acer v nitro or vx series.. The i will search it google for the spec and review..

i think the version doesnt matter because the version is expalined the spec...