Strange short line flickering on the top left of the screen of a new Acer V3-574

pp1
pp1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello. I have recently bought an Acer Aspire V3-574-55CP, and a few days ago I noticed that when I use certain programs (like, for example, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Firefox), a short line of pixels on the top left of the screen changes color. This line appears and disappears at random when I move the mouse, and it's always on the same spot.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg
When I try to take screeshots, the line doesn't appear on them. I've experimented for a while to see what triggered the line to appear, and it seems that it happens when there is text being displayed on the screen, like if I have Notepad open with some text with it, so maybe it has something to do with contrast (like a white background with letters on it), but I'm not entirely sure.

I've also connected the laptop to a TV to check if it was just the laptop's monitor, but the line appeared on that screen too.

I don't know if it helps, but sometimes I was able to move the cursor to the line, and it seems that the cursor goes over it (it can be seen on the second picture).

I've also tried changing the resolution a bit, and it seems the line still appears. All the laptop's drivers are up-to-date.

Laptop spec's:

*Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Version 1511

*Intel Core i5 5200u Dual-core 2.20 ghz

*Intel HD 5500

*8 GB RAM

I would like to know wether this is a problem with the graphics card, or with the video driver or something like that.

This isn't really that annoying, as it seems to appear only under certain specific conditions, but I'm worried about

this becoming worse later on, so any help or information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

EDIT: I just tested it, and the line didn't appear on Safe Mode no matter what I did. I hope it helps somehow to diagnose the cause of the "glitch" Smiley Embarassed