Some Keys Quit Working V5-571

huffstutler
huffstutler Member Posts: 1 New User

This seems to be a common problem but I have not found an answer yet.  My keyboard worked fine and then the very next time I booted up the x, c, n, a, f, and comma , keys quit working so have to use the on screen keyboard to type.

What is the solution?   I have a V5-571 using Windows 10

Answers

• x-frame
    x-frame Member Posts: 4 New User

I registered yesterday but it will not allow me to log in so I had to create another profile for this account - question.

This IS supposed to be an ACER "community" board for Acer representatives to answer questions and help customers, correct?   Then why am I not seeing any answers for the past 3-4 pages of questions, including mine?

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

This is a peer to peer support community where users help other members with their issue. It is not monitored by technical support agents.

• CariM
    CariM Member Posts: 1 New User

That sounds about as useful as their site.  I've been trying to find a replacement keyboard for my V5-571 but apparently to ask a question of Acer, one has to fork over a credit card.  To me, that means they don't support their products.  

I finally bought a keyboard on Amazon, it works well but the frame won't sit all the way back down so I'm rubbing my fingers on sharpish plastic every time I hit a number key (it's not so bad with the letters, but far from ideal).  The person who installed it is a computer expert, not his first rodeo.  I can't find a replacement actually made by Acer anywhere.  I was thinking of upgrading my PC, but at the moment, Acer won't be on my list of preferred manufacturers.  So sad.....