Shift Keys Intermittently Stop Working on V7-582PG

Options
sangaman
sangaman Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V7-582PG-6421-US and for the last few months I've been dealing with an intermittent keyboard issue where both shift keys will randomly start and stop working. Either both left and right shift work at the same time, or both of them don't work at the same time. They start and stop working for no apparent reason, sometimes shift works for hours at a time, other times it will only work for a minute and then stop working again. Likewise, they can stop working for just a minute or two or they can stop working for close to an hour. Sometimes repeatedly mashing both shift keys can get them to work again, but not always.

The problem can go away for days, other times it can resurface and the shift keys will not work half the time. Recently it has been bad again and I'm at my wit's end. Otherwise I'm happy with this computer but I can't continue using it like this. I've tried installing the latest drivers, updating bios, malware checks, virus checks, rebooting, etc... Nothing really seems to make a difference.

I found a reddit post where a user describes basically the exact same problem on the same model as I have, although no solution was given. I'm hoping I can find one here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/2hoaat/shift_keys_work_intermittently/