Screen tearing on brand new acer aspire

Options
Booklets
Booklets Member Posts: 3 New User

After dealing with a dud acer aspire and being without a laptop for a while I was given a replacement acer aspire v5. It ran fine, up until about a week ago. Some games suddenly have had screen tearing issues, where I get a horizontal line that distorts the screen moving downwards. For a couple games, vsync fixed it and some games work fine, but others such as Spore or Primal Carnage have screen tearing issues that are very frustrating. If I record with fraps, the tearing does not show up on the recorded video. I have tried enabling and disabling vsync, but it does nothing, I've also tried reinstalling and rolling back drivers for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 850m.

The weird thing is these games were running just perfectly before, but these issues seemed to popup about a week ago. I don't recall doing any major updates or downloads. I would appreciate being able to fix this here without having to send a laptop for repairs the third time this month, it's really time consuming and inconvenient being stuck without one. Thanks for your help.

Answers