SSD Compatibility with Aspire V15 Nitro

Options
AngeloMark11
AngeloMark11 Member Posts: 24 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

Is any SSD compatible with any laptop? I mean, is there no required brand/model for a specific laptop? I want to upgrade to 250Gb ssd (Samsung Evo) for system memory usage and buy an external hdd 2Tb for all my personal files. Will there be any conflicts? Thanks In Advance!

Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-571G-73ZJ)

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

AngeloMark11 wrote:

Hello,

Is any SSD compatible with any laptop? I mean, is there no required brand/model for a specific laptop? I want to upgrade to 250Gb ssd (Samsung Evo) for system memory usage and buy an external hdd 2Tb for all my personal files. Will there be any conflicts? Thanks In Advance!

You can fit any 2.5" SSD. it will work fine.

However, your notebook has an M.2 SSD slot. Which can handle easily a 250 GB M.2 SSD. The only drawback is that I think it would be a little bit more expensive, and that the slot it is on the other side of the motherboard, so to fit in an M.2 SSD you need to take out the motherboard. But the same goes also for the RAM. It is more work in disassembly of the notebook than to replace the HDD. But the advantage is that you can keep the HDD for mass storage and the SSD for OS and some software. 

Answers

• RadeonHD
    RadeonHD Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
    Options

I'm currently using this ssd on my vn7 laptop and everything is working great, no issues. Check out screenshots and my review   https://youtu.be/NXyasCjXUT0

With rapid mode enabled

magician.png

With rapid mode disabled:

magician 2.jpg

• RadeonHD
    Options
  • sharky25k
    Answer ✓
    Options

AngeloMark11 wrote:

Hello,

You can fit any 2.5" SSD. it will work fine.

However, your notebook has an M.2 SSD slot. Which can handle easily a 250 GB M.2 SSD. The only drawback is that I think it would be a little bit more expensive, and that the slot it is on the other side of the motherboard, so to fit in an M.2 SSD you need to take out the motherboard. But the same goes also for the RAM. It is more work in disassembly of the notebook than to replace the HDD. But the advantage is that you can keep the HDD for mass storage and the SSD for OS and some software. 

• AngeloMark11
    Options

@Sharky25k

How can I be sure if there is really an M.2 SSD Slot on my Motherboard? By the way, thanks man! you're awesome.

• sharky25k
    Options

Hi,

take a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGsPqWtYXXw

You will see in the video how to disassemble the notebook and how to put in the m.2 SSD. So you can do the same with your notebook and be sure that the m.2 slot is there. But I am 90% sure it's there, unless acer would not solder on the motherboard the connector, but I never heard about this from other acer notebooks. But I heard from other companies.

[inappropriate content removed]

• AngeloMark11
    Options

Hey Sharky25k,

Alright, I'll follow the procedure just to make sure. Let's just hope that a 256Gb M.2 SSD would fit in there in terms of size and dimension. Cause I'm here in the PH and someones gonna buy that for me from the US and there's no turning back (It's a long way). But isn't there any software that can detect if there is an M.2 SSD Slot in my motherboard because Acer is one heck of a disassembling torture. Anyways, thanks again Sharky25k! You da man! Cheers!

• RadeonHD
    Options
    Try hwinfo64. It's free. I have posted a screenshot above.
  • sharky25k
    Options

Hi,

I don't think that HWinfo will tell you for sure that the connector is soldered. You know, for me it happened with another company that the pins were there, just the plastic connector was not there. Thus, for example some software can report that the slot is there (since there is no phisical check of the connector).

Nevertheless, you could see in the video posted above, that the guy did not have an installed M.2 SSD and the slot was there, this was the reason why I told you that 90% the connector will be there also for your notebook.

If you did not watch the video, you should know that the guy tells you that the SSD should be a 2280 one (22mm x 80 mm). Eg: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-EVO-Internal-MZ-N5E250BW/dp/B00TGIVZTW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470077996&sr=8-2&keywords=samsung+850+evo+m.2

• AngeloMark11
    Options

So does this mean that my notebook has the same M.2 SSD slot same with the one on youtube? Thanks again sharky25k and Radeon! Cheers.

• sharky25k
    Options

Hi,

They are exactly the same models no? (except for the last 4 numbers)

The last 4 numbers vary depending on the country and configuration. But since there is a single BIOS for all VN7-571G, I assume that all models have the same motherboard so, I expect that you have the same slot.

• AngeloMark11
    Options

Alright thanks man! I appreciate the help. Cheers!

• Vladieraven
    Vladieraven Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hello guys! The same trouble to deal with.. and I really want to get the best of it:

so I have vn7-571g-73lw, I put 16Gb of RAM in it a year ago, it works well.

Yesterday I bought SSD Samsung 960 EVO Series 512Gb 

it supplies VNMe solution;     it needs up to 5.39 Watt;    I just found it needs intel chipset Z97 and higher.. I don't know what does it mean :)

So the notebook did not loaded, but it tryed - the loading standed on the very first screenview

So I'd like to know, how should I choose the compatible SSD with highest available specs?
    Which type should I choose?    (3D MLC, 3D NAND, 3D NAND G1 MLC, 3D NAND TLC, 3D TLC, 3D XPoint, 3D2 TLC, MLC, SLC, TLC, V-NAND)

Big thanks in advance!!