Restore Factory Settings not opening in Windows 8

nexusgx
nexusgx Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire V3 which has become very crippled. As the laptop was not in my care before now, I had tried to use the Restore Factory Settings option in the Recovery Management tool, however when I click the button to restore, nothing happens.

I have tried running windows 8 in safe mode as well as pressing alt-f10 on start up. Nothing seems to be working. Is there any way I can reset this short of using a pre-made recovery disc?

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Did it come with Win 8 and you upgraded to Win 8.1? That upgrade seems to mess with Recoveries.

Have you tried this?

1.Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
    2.Click Search , then type Recover.
    3.Click Acer Recovery Management.
    4.Select Restore Factory Settings.
    5.Click Next.
    6.Select Fully clean the drive.
    7.Click Reset.
    Your computer will restart and begin the restoration process. Once finished, it will restart and begin the initial Windows setup process.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Did it come with Win 8 and you upgraded to Win 8.1? That upgrade seems to mess with Recoveries.

Have you tried this?

1.Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
    2.Click Search , then type Recover.
    3.Click Acer Recovery Management.
    4.Select Restore Factory Settings.
    5.Click Next.
    6.Select Fully clean the drive.
    7.Click Reset.
    Your computer will restart and begin the restoration process. Once finished, it will restart and begin the initial Windows setup process.

• nexusgx
    nexusgx Member Posts: 2 New User

I had tried that prior to posting. I did try it once more and it worked. I had tried running it nearly a hundred times out of frustration, but it just decided to work after you said it. No rhyme or reason, just worked.

Such is the life of a tech Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help!