Registering a product for Cloud

Options
BobW
BobW Member Posts: 2 New User

I have tried registering my HP PC with the Acer cloud so I can edit docs done on my Acer laptop.  When I enter the serial number of the PC, it tells me it is incorrect.  I know this not to be true because 1. it is on the side of the PC and 2. I checked it using the Acer serial number finder tool.  Both versions were the same.  What do I need to do?

Answers

• radeon7750
    radeon7750 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I have been trying to register my acer nitro black edition laptop for a couple of weeks now and I get the same message every single time : 

• An error occurred in your request. Please try again in few minutes 

... Somebody from Acer needs to fix this. 

registeracererror.JPG

• BobW
    BobW Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I just checked the message I get when I try to register my HP and it is this:  ???en_CA.error.ws.required.serialNumber???   Any ideas? 

• TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi BobW,

According to our test, the registering Acer device in Acer website is normal. For your inquiry of registering Acer Computer, you can also register it via Acer Portal on PC by the following instructions.

1. Sign up or login with a valid Acer ID in Acer Portal on PC.
    2. Click the message of “registering this device “at the bottom of [My Devices] page in Acer Portal.
    3. Re-enter your Acer ID password and click [Register].

You can refer to the Online Help of registering Acer device.

You can’t register non-Acer branded device (HP PC) in Acer website or via Acer Portal, and it needn’t to be registered for using abApps. If you want to edit docs done on Acer laptop on HP PC via abDocs, you just need to get your PCs installed abDocs, signed in the same Acer ID and enable Synchronization in abDocs on both PCs. You can refer to its tutorial video.

You both can get abApps downloaded according to its Online Help.

If the above can’t resolve the problem, please send feedback via the abApps which has problems or send e-mail to acercloud_support@cloud.acer.com to get more help.

Acer BYOC Apps Support