Recently bought Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G-792U, Ping Spikes

5davids
5davids Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello all, I recently bought a laptop on 02/24/16 and it the computer was working fine

After a month and a half, I start getting ping spikes when I play League of Legends. 

It definitely isn't my internet provider since my brother (who's in the next room) has no packet loss at the exact moment I'm lagging

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver, uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter, changing 3D settings to highest performance, changing Windows 10 to not send data constantly, is there anyone who can assist me or have a similar problem?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

can you please report your BIOS version?

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/Version

please report your wifi adapter model

have you tried to check if ping spikes appear also on Ethernet connection (if you can test it).

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • 5davids

report BIOS DATE/Version: Insyde Corp. V1. 15, 8/6/2015

please report your wifi adapter model: I assume I'm suppose to find my network adapter? Is yes, it's Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter

have you tried to check if ping spikes appear also on Ethernet connection (if you can test it): I cannot test it at the moment. 

• IronFly

please try to update the Wireless network drivers, download this:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=2011&lang=en

double click to extract, then run setup.exe

if your issue is not fixed with a new driver, i suggest you to contact your seller or Acer support center.

• 5davids

Unforunately that didn't work Smiley Sad

I contacted Acer support center and they made me do the same thing (re-download a network adapter). Is there no other solution? Maybe a hardware problem with the wifi card?

• IronFly

you can try another thing:

on device manager, double click your Wifi adapter (QCA61X4), click on Power Management tab and untick any power saving or windows power management.

click Apply/OK

reboot

Please check if Bluetooth is ON or OFF, turn it OFF and check Ping again.

if you still have this issue, contact Acer support service again.