Realtek/Dolby conflict? - VN7-591G

DocNogloff
DocNogloff Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm on an Aspire V15 Nitro, VN7-591G with GTX860M graphics.

For the first few weeks of use, the speakers were consistently loud and crisp, producing excellent sound thanks to Dolby Digital Plus Home theater.

However, at some point, I noticed that the Realtek software and the Dolby software appear to be conflicting each other, with the Dolby enhancements turning off when I do certain things, forcing me to turn it on again to get good sound.

After the upgrade to Windows 10, the problem is still there, with signs that when I use the volume slider, activate Cortana, or do a sound test in Realtek Audio Manager settings, the Dolby software turns off and then turns on again when I do something else. This sounds like a conflict between the Realtek software manager and Dolby DPHT.

I tried reinstalling, updating the Realtek driver, and also tried reinstalling the Dolby software included in the driver package manually, but in the end it all goes to the same problem that Dolby Digital Plus turns itself off sometimes.

Any help?

Answers

• lion232
    lion232 Member Posts: 5 New User

same laptop. same issue.

• DocNogloff
    DocNogloff Member Posts: 3 New User

Hmm, I think I've found a solution for now. Right click the volume icon in the taskbar, click Playback devices, then right click on the Speaker item on the menu that pops up. Go to its Properties, then click on the Enhancements tab, then check the box "Disable all audio effects" (or something). This made Dolby constantly produce good sound, at the cost of the ability to adjust equalizer settings. But what the hell, the 4 speakers sound great already.

This worked for me, however I dont remember how I got the enhancements tab to become available in the first place. It wasn't available at first.

• lion232
    lion232 Member Posts: 5 New User

Update: Issue gone today. Dolby working properly. Still using same drivers. (Win 10 64-bit). How? I don't even know.

edit: I think turning off "Hey Cortana" fixed it for me