Random power cuts - VN7-592G-71Y2

Options
Flyerhuks
Flyerhuks Member Posts: 7 New User
My 3 month old VN7-592G-71Y2 randomly cuts power after sometime running on battery. I can have a fully charged battery and then after about 30% of battery discharge it will cut power and restart, it will continue to do this every now and again until the batter is flat.

I have tried pressing the reset butto, but it has not helped.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Answers

• Rockeraocao
    Rockeraocao Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Tighten the screws on the bottom of the laptop. There is a switch on the motherboard, which is only activated (= allows battery to power the laptop) when the laptop is properly together. If the screws are a bit loose, it causes problems - sudden restarts etc...

• Flyerhuks
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions, but that didnt solve the problem. It usually starts when the battery drop to about 70-75% and then at random intervals.

• Flyerhuks
    Options

Any suggestions? Could it be a faulty battery?

• gorazul
    gorazul Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

There is many people who has a same problem as you and i'm a one of them.No solution for me as this time.I'm waiting for 3 month but nothing .I will contact the acer repair client it must be hardware problem has someone have say before.

Look at this post :

https://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Nitro-VN7-592G-747C-randomly-reboots-when-on-battery/td-p/427482/page/4

https://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-Restarts-when-on-Battery/m-p/444992#U444992

• Flyerhuks
    Options

Just an update.

Acer are replacing my battery and motherboard soon, just waiting for parts to arrive. 

One strange thing I've now noticed is that my laptop works absolutely fine when in high performance mode(No restarts), so the problem for me is confined to power save and balanced modes. 

I'm not sure if this means anything, but I'm just hoping that the probelm will be fixed with the replacement.

• tom_R2E3
    tom_R2E3 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options

I am another person with the same problem.

I contacted Acer about the problem:

"Aspire VN7-592G-56JB

Hello,

This laptop randomly restarts when running on Battery power. There is no correlation between the level of charge in the battery and the fault, it can happen at 20% or 95%.

The fault never occurs when plugged in to external power, but regularly occurs when running on battery.

Searching around on the internet turns up many cases of the same fault for this product. This is perhaps the most informative case:

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Nitro-VN7-592G-747C-randomly-reboots-when-on-battery/td-p/427482

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery/f44e2ad0-8c93-4e67-b960-fef53706cb35?tm=1461937102308

Other cases:

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-Restarts-when-on-Battery/m-p/444992#M11118

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592g-restarting-when-on-battery/m-p/449499#M11548

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Random-power-cuts-VN7-592G-71Y2/m-p/455594#M12304

If I look in the windows log after one of the reboot events it shows the following error

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I have opened the laptop and checked the battery disconnection switch, it is definitely closed when the laptop is assembled.

Please help, the laptop is now useless without being constantly plugged in to external power.

Regards,
    Tom Jakeman

System information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP-5TGGML9

System Manufacturer Acer

System Model Aspire VN7-592G

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Aspire VN7-592G_1039_1.12

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.12, 06/10/2016

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Etc......"

To summarise their response:

It's out of warrantee by one month.

Any work they do / parts they replace is are chargeable.

They suggest it could be the battery (one of the threads referenced above says changing the battery didn't fix his machine)

It will be £48 for Acer to look at it, then they will give a quote to fix it.

Since one of the guys in the thread above is fairly certain it's the motherboard, I expect this will cost rather a lot to "repair"

Don't know what I should do now.  If I send it to Acer it will no doubt be expensive, and I’ll be without a computer for a while.  

I suggest if anyone else with this problem reads this thread and their unit is still under warrantee, they send it to Acer asap.  My unit worked OK for most of the first year.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• Flyerhuks
    Options

Thanks for the post. I actually have 2 of these laptops. I'm scared that this will happen to the other one as well, but I guess that I will just have to wait and see. 

One thing I can say for sure is that I am certainly not going to by an Acer product again. Things happen, but in this industry there is no room for that.

• tom_R2E3
    Options

I agree, it's incredibly disappointing, it cost nearly £1000! Perhaps you should consider selling the second laptop before it goes wrong?  

Mine actually started to fail after about 10 months.  It happened for the first time at about 20-30% charge, so whilst I thought it was odd, I wasn’t too alarmed.  Sadly, it wasn’t until I’d had it 12 months that I tried to use it for the full duration of the battery.  I mostly use it on eternal power, then perhaps 30 mins on battery before being on external power again.  Then I realised something was very wrong with it, and now it’s out of warrantee.  The problem is now much much worse.  If I just leave the machine on battery power it will restart every 2-3 minutes consistently.

I’ve asked Acer if I can buy a mainboard and replace it myself.  Any news on your repair?

• Flyerhuks
    Options

Yeah, I'll probably end up selling them. They have recieved a motherboard and a new battery, they are just waiting on me to bring it in.

• tom_R2E3
    Options

I got a quote for a replacement motherboard, 750 GBP.  So that's the end of that.  To say I feel ripped off by Acer is an understatement.