Random freezes aspire v 17 nitro 792g while gaming

Options
peropero
peropero Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone,

I have issue with my laptop where i experience 4-5 seconds freezes during gaming seemengly randomly. All the games run fluently at constat 60fps and other than those freezes there are no issues. Lowering details sometimes help to reduce frequency of freezes but doesnt prevent them completly. temperatures are within normal so i dont suspect throtling of either cpu or gpu, also any games i run on SSD wont experience freezes these include GTA V which i run high details, i played it with fluent 60fps for 10 hours straight hours with no overheating or freezes, same goes with world of tanks that are also installed on SSD. Issues seems to be with all the games that are installed on HDD regardless if they are new games or 10 year old games, they will run fluenlty on any detail settings except for those random freezes. HDD that came with my laptop is toshiba mq01abd100. My OS is windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Its frustrating that some games work better on my 8 year old acer laptop than on a brand new one.

From what i gathered on the internet it seems HDD puts itself to sleep constalty and then has to spin up whenever game wants to get some data from it and that process freezes the game completly for those 4-5 seconds.

How can i fix this, is there some official acer patch that will resolve this HDD behaviour so i can use my laptop to its full potential? Any sort of help is appreciated since this issue is quite frustrating and its killing the whole purpose of this laptop and what i bought it for.

Thanks for help in advance

Answers