Processor stuck at 0.75GHZ

Options
luekcx
luekcx Member Posts: 16 New User

I have acer aspire vn 7 nitro black edition, and when computer boots up to destkop processor goes up to 3.0 GHZ like it should go when laptop is in performance mode and then after about 30 seconds it falls to 0.75GHz and locks there,

there's also strange vent rev up randomly after every 5-10 minutes to full and suddenly stops, but there is no such task to do that, only sitting at destkop with nothng open.
I'm not sure but it might be some bad windows 8.1 update, I assume that.

I have done resetting ( complete wipe ). 

Sory for my bad English Smiley Tongue

Any help would be appreciated,

tnx in advance 

Answers

• luekcx
    Options

Resetting BIOS to defaults seems to solve it, I'm not sure yet

• GeorgeGK
    GeorgeGK Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Processor frequency is not used to its higher settings (for you 3 GHz), but the computer uses instead as little as it needs. So When it doesn't need all its processing power, it won't run at 3 GHz, but at something lower instead. But if you run a heavy application your processor's frequency will become higher, but it will never surpass its "barrier" which for you is now set to 3 GHz.

I took a screenshot from my computer, where you can see that the frequency is at 0,80 GHz. On the diagram, you can see that it has a high cpu usage in the start, because there is when I opened my task manager, then when it has loaded completely, cpu usage lowers. (Be careful, windows has some backround processes which can require up to half of your processor power sometimes)

Untitled.png

• luekcx
    Options

Thanks @GeorgeGK for helping Smiley Wink

But problem was that ferquency didn't ( changing power plan didn't make any effect at al l) change even I was doing something demanding, then BIOS resetting fixed that Smiley Wink

• luekcx
    Options

WIN 8.1 update is messing things up.... !!!

Any suggestions ?

• GeorgeGK
    GeorgeGK Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

What is the model of the processor? And could you post what exactly the windows 8.1 update problem is?

• luekcx
    Options

Now works fine, maybe just few reboots made thinks run well Smiley Happy