Problems with wifi connectivity for Acer Aspire V5 Touch

Options
NAVACYNTHIA
NAVACYNTHIA Member Posts: 3 New User

I am glad I logged on to this website. I received an Acer Aspire V5 touch laptop as a gift about 8 months ago. I use it primarily for school and the wifi connectivity issue has been a nightmare. I have called customer support a million times and gotten a third party who says that if I want to talk to an Acer Tech I will pay a $99 one time fee. From reading the comments in this forum it looks like once you get through you have to constantly send your laptop to Acer Repair center or buy a new driver. I can't believe for the price of this computer we are having to deal with this. I searched the forums for a solution to this wifi problem without having to incur additional costs and I am baffled. It is just a round around that we are given, "here install this" or "try that".

I am also having constant troubles with windows updates my computer will spend literally the whole day updating and then reverting the updates. I am having to borrow my neighbors' hp.

I am saying one thing I will posts my reviews in other websites and advice family members, friends, students, to not buy products from this brand. I plan to buy a Toshiba, Adios Acer Forever.

If anyone from ACER TECH SUPPORT has a final fix to this problem please respond back.

Thanks for reading Smiley Happy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Apart the wifi problem, having windows reverting back at any updates is a bad thing and i suggest you to re-install the OS from Acer erecovery and try to do windows updates again.

doing that will put your V5 back to factory installation, so you it's better to backup all your data, since it will deleted.

When you are back to factory and if you still have issues, feel free to ask again.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • NAVACYNTHIA
    Options

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy I will look for OS Acer erecovery and try and go that route. I will keep you updated on the process!

• NAVACYNTHIA
    Options

I went ahead and restored my computer to the factory settings and the wifi connectivity issue seemed to have been resolved for a few days, and then I started having the same problem again. Do you have any other suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Smiley Happy