Problem with WiFi signal on Aspire V5-522P

Options
mcasarav
mcasarav Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello, I relly hope you can help me.

Everything was working fine with my notebook, but suddenyl I started experiencing some problems with the WiFi connection, the connection only works when Im exactly next to the router/modem. If I walk three steps away from it the connection goes down. 

I really don't know what the problem could be, since I didn't change anything on the computer.

I also changed my Internet provider, an the WiFi works perfect on other devices, but my pc.

I already tried changing de Network Adapter drivers from Atheros to Broadcom,searched google for hours.

Pleas, I really need some help here. Thanks!!!

My PC is An Ultra thin Acer Aspire V5-552P with Windows 8.1.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

It's possible that the antenna wire came off your Wifi card. Especially if it was dropped or something. To check it, you will need to remove the bottom cover to access the wifi card.Once you get the screws out, gently work the cover loose and there might be something under it that you'll need to disconnect before you can lift it off so don't lift it up very far until you check under it.

If this is what your cover looks like I doubt if there will be anything connected to it, but be careful with it and static Electricity.

csm_V5_552G_Unterseite_516d08d83b.jpg

• mcasarav
    Options

Thanks for taking your time to send an answer.

Is it possible that what you say is the problem, even if Im actually using a WiFi connection right now? I repeat, the problem isn't that I can't connect to wifi, is that I loose all signal when I move just a few steps from the router.

Thanks again!

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

When you're close the signal needs less antenna. The wifi card can pick up a signal without an antenna if you're very close. When you move away it needs the antenna.I'm not saying this IS the problem, but that's what it sounds like.

• mcasarav
    Options

I opened the notebook, but it seems nothing is wrong with the Network Card, nothing seems to be disconected or something.

Thanks again for your help.

• lt1z350
    lt1z350 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

did u get this figured out?