Problem activating Windows on v5-471-6569 clean install

Options
silverbow
silverbow Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I am unable to re-activate Windows with the key provided with this laptop after a clean install of matching Windows 7. After lengthy discussions with Windows Support they have informed me that Acer has blocked the volume license that was originally associated to this laptop, preventing a valid re-activation.

The laptop is currently out of warranty, the recovery partition is inaccessible. 

Need a means to re-actiave this Windows installation. Please PM for the Serial number or other pertinent information.  

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

If you load a retail version of Windows, you would need to use a retail key to activate it. Our OEM version of Windows does not require you to enter a key for activation. My recommendation would be to install the Acer OEM software that does not require a key. To order recovery media, please visit our Acer Store and click on eRecovery.

• Bozzy
    Bozzy Member Posts: 44

Tinkerer

Options

I havd a shed load of problems and I managed to recover it......Try following what I did;

http://208.74.204.69/t5/Windows-10/WIndows-10-Activation/td-p/382738/page/2

• silverbow
    silverbow Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

An OEM version of Windows prepared and provided by Microsoft was re-installed on this laptop. I do not wish to install the entire software load as provided by Acer due to the ammount of superflous software present. Microsoft informed me that Acer should provide a way to re-activate this laptop without having to purchase further media or product keys.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options
    Sorry, but we do not have an activation key that we can provide. You would need to work with whoever installed the version of Windows that is currently on the system to get that version of Windows activated. All I can offer is to provide the OEM software that we shipped on the computer that does not require activation. This is the only software we are legally able to provide for your product.
  • Bozzy
    Bozzy Member Posts: 44

Tinkerer

Options

The windows 7/8 key for your laptop is stored in the BIOS. Download RW-EVERYTHING to get it, then reinstall the vanilla windows 7/8 from the microsoft website usng that, and then let it update and self upgrade to Windows 10.

Takes a little time, but works.

Use the below link on how to get your key.

https://itsolutionsblog.net/3-ways-to-extract-the-windows-8-product-key/