Problem USB Ports

Flint
Flint Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi. I have an Acer Aspire E1-570 laptop purchased in November and already the two USB ports on the right hand side are not working. I have plugged the keyboard and mouse in to the USB ports on the right and they don't work. If I plug them into the port on the left, they do work ! Is there anything I can do to get these fixed or do I have to return the laptop to Acer ?  Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

Answers

• Onewolfpact
    Onewolfpact Member Posts: 1 New User

Im having the exact same problem,

When i plug my ipod into one of the right hand usb ports it lights up like its plugged in but doesnt charge or be recognised by the laptop.

• UnHappyTrex
    UnHappyTrex Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey,

I am having the same issue. The two USB 2.0 port on my Acer Aspire v5-552g-10578g1taii don't work. But the USB 3.0 port on my laptop does work! Very strange. It might be that it is caused by some windows update as i recently did all the updates available for the laptop in the control panel.

I hope there will be a sollution soon!

• bizkit45
    bizkit45 Member Posts: 15 New User

i have same problem..but on my v5-573g. letf sided usb is not recognizing any devices. the right one (USB2.0) and the one on the back (USB3.0) works. it is strange that both interfaces work just that one USB port doesent. any suggestions? tnx

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi guys,

Some simple steps, First, I would have to assume we're using the OEM Operating System, if you've isntalled another OS, I would start by reinstalling the OS that shipped with your system to make sure the correct drivers and in placed. Next I would go to download the latest chipset driver from our website for your device to see if that corrects the issue.

With there being 3 units with 3 different motherboards, I would recommend contacting your service team.

• bizkit45

i cant even boot from it. that has nothing to do with windows? like when you try to boot from usb stick to install windows. is it possible that som e usb ports are not working before you install drivers? couse in my knowladge all ports should work in bios..

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Yes, the USB ports should be working once it posts. At that point, I would start to suspect a hardware failure. Smiley Sad

• Jemquackers
    Jemquackers Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi

I'm having this problem too. The port on the left is fine, but the two on the right aren't responding to anything. They've suddenly stopped without warning - were working fine before and I don't think I've damaged the hardware at all. Is there some software to download to solve this? (e.g. a chipset update, and if so where do I find one on your website)? Thanks. I bought the machine in January this year.

• bizkit45

same machine? v5 573g? if yes, then reset it from bottom side. a small non metalic pin should be placed into that little hole where it says reset. it is the same as taking battery out. you breake the circuit. then try again.

in my knowladge there is no software to test usb for mechanical failures..correct me if i am wrong.

• Jemquackers

I've got an E1-570. Does it reset the same way? If so, where's the reset button? Thanks!

• bizkit45

hmmm..it doesent reset the same way. sadly you can only remove main battery and wait for some minutes to discharge BIOS battery. while the main battery is out press power button for a few times so you discharge any remaining electricity in the BIOS battery. dont put the battery in for 10 mins. if this doesent help, try reseting BIOS to its original state, by pressing BIOS button at the startup. usualy it is f2, f1 or esc. and if that doesent help, try reflashing the BIOS with latest version. If you do not know what BIOS i sugest you dont do this thing alone..anyhow you still have warranty.

• Jemquackers

Hi - thanks for this. Fortunately it seems to have sorted itself out without my help, not sure why. So no problem until it happens again. Cheers.

• cosey
    cosey Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

I got the very same problem on my 3 month old E1-570, only the left side is working...irritating when doing homework!!((

• bizkit45

seems like a factory fault. try the steps i described above and if it doesent help, replacement is needed. your laptop still has warranty i guess.

• cosey
    cosey Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

Yes the warranty is there, but I cant wait 3 weeks getting it back!!

• micahlynn29
    micahlynn29 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi I know this is an old post but figured I'd post it for anyone else with this problem.  I have a new v5 and all the sudden my 2.0 ports stopped working.   I finally ran my device trouble shooter and somehow my bluetooth usb module got turned off.  the trouble shooter fixed the problem by turning it back on.

• mike_tina
    mike_tina Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have the same problem. Both ports on the right hand side of my Acer laptop E1-570 have just stopped working. Does anyone have a solution to this. The left hand port works fine.

• basketbob
    basketbob Member Posts: 1 New User

USB fault on Acer E1-570 as above.
    Thanks Bizkit 45 - Removing battery , and waiting 15 minutes occasionally pressing the power button the did the trick for me - much obliged

Bob
    Smiley Happy 

• NightHawk1K10
    NightHawk1K10 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had this problem with my Acer Aspire E1-570, I went into Controll Panell>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager and disabled then re-enabled the two Generic USB hubs, this fixed the problem and I hope it works for you if you are having this problem aswell.

• saruman201
    saruman201 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Right click on computer, proberties, device manager, scroll down to universal serial bus controlers

Expand it, then right click on each one and uninstall it. Restart ur computer and see if it works.

• dnafnly
    dnafnly Member Posts: 1 New User

I was having the same problem and simply disabled and enabled the ports as you suggested and they started working again!  Thanks so much for posting!  You saved me!