Power unplugs randomly, while cable is plugged in.

Options
Hansag
Hansag Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer V5-171 manufactured in January 2013.

The problem is that though my power cable is plugged as per usual without any damage to socket, cable or adapter; power keps getting disconnected.

It seems more like a software issure rather than a hardware one, and it hasn't occured until in the past 1-2 months (I just have to unplug and replug the cord for the laptop to continue charging/running on power from the socket)

Saw someone in the archives with a V3 having a similar problem, but no solution to the problem.

It's potentially quite damaging if the system decides to starts running on battery when one is away, and thus shutting off (with the potential for loss of power).

Help greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Answers

• wajihcs
    wajihcs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i have the same probleme now on acer apsire 5742g . someone help 

• Hansag
    Options

One thing that I just noticed is, that it doesn't matter if you switch the power socket on or of (or pull the plug and put it back in the wall). The computer only starts to charge again once you pull out the connector on the computer and push it back again.

• Hansag
    Options

There also seems to be a correlation between online video use (e.g. YouTube, TED) and the problem occuring.