Power Brick died after 2 weeks of usage - replacement takes ages

Options
Angel007
Angel007 Member Posts: 3 New User

So I have brand new Aspire Black Edition and charger died after a week or 2 of usage... and best part is the service took more then 3 days to replace... MORE THEN 3 DAYS.... how is this reliable service ... i can change the **** motherboard in hours, but hey lets take forever for somethign as simple as this....

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Angel007

Wow - that does seem excessive just for that! Perhaps they were out of stock??

It's always worth buying a second charger for your laptop (especially if it's your only PC). They're relatively inexpensive these days, and ideal in situations like this!

• Angel007
    Options

How can it be out of stock... its a brand new model.. or you are telling me that they blow up so much, that its out of stock.. also second charger cant help, since warranty for some reasons requires the entire laptop in order to be replaced which is another thing I wish someone from acer would come and explain to me?!

Also can I use another power supply, that is capable of delivering a lot more, then the original:
    what I mean is this - the original has 7,1 A with 135W, and i have a 12 A, 300W power supply, can I use mine and would that affect the laptop or the battery in any way?

• finlux
    Options

Just a suggestion about it being out of stock!!

My suggestion about a second charger is for you to buy one & keep as spare - chargers have a habit of going wrong Smiley Wink

I'd imagine Acer wanted the laptop AS WELL as the charger so they can check there is no damage or fault on the mobo.

As regards to the other power supply, Ideally, I'd stick to the original inputs/outputs. The laptop may work with voltages that are similar, but usually at the cost of shortening the lifespan of the battery in the laptop, however as long as you replace your power supply with one that is capable of providing the same or more amps than the old one, you should be OK.

• Angel007
    Options

Soo i guess this model's charger blows up frequently since its out of stock...

Also I aks you again whats the point of having a spare charger, when they keep the laptop as well in case of charger failuer?

Also the PSU i will use has the same voltage spec, but can deliver twice as much amps and wats Smiley Happy

• finlux
    Options

Angel007 wrote:

Soo i guess this model's charger blows up frequently since its out of stock...

I never said that - read my post!

A spare charger is for emergencies - when your old one faIls, simple as that. Do you really want to be without a laptop, when all that is wrong is a dead charger?