Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up. No lights. Charger + Battery OK.

maninaloft
maninaloft Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, all.

Thank you for reading this. I could really use some help. There is work I need to finish, but can't. Below is the problem and what I have done so far.

My laptop [Model: Acer Aspire V5 572P] was working fine today. I simply closed it (pull the screen down to shut it) while it was on, put it in a protected bag and took it home (4 minutes). When I opened it again, I noticed it was off.

• It would not power on via the power button
  • I plugged it in and noticed the charger and power lights did not light up. It would not turn on with the charger connected.

I heard something moving around inside and it appears that a screw inside the laptop case broke and was moving around inside the laptop while it was closed and on.

I'm quite sure my charger and battery are ok. I've never had an issue with either. The battery was at about 42% when I closed the laptop. Can anyone help me and let me know what I should do? Could a screw (covered in plastic) cause any damage inside?

WHAT I HAVE DONE

Thus far, I watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg8tUXZL...

I did the following:

- I tried the battery reset button. I then plugged it in and nothing. No lights. No power.

- I removed the battery. I then plugged it in. Nothing. No lights. No power.

- I removed the hard drive. Same thing. Nothing.

I have a memory slot, but no additional memory, so I can't remove any RAM.

I'm quite sure my adapter is working and the batter was fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

I use my laptop for work and I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thank you!

M

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you are out of warranty, you can try to open it and look about that "noise" inside your laptop.

if you are still under warranty, give Acer support service a call.

you did a lot of troubleshoot so i don't have more to add.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • maninaloft
    maninaloft Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello!

Thank you. I don't think I'm still under a warranty, but I'll check.

The noise inside was a screw from the case. I closed the laptop and the scew somehow came loose inside the laptop case while I had it in a bag. It was bouncing around inside the laptop while it was on. 

Thanks for taking the time.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i can't check if the screws can create shorts but can be a possibility.

I'm not an Acer employee.