Pictures gone after laptop reset

Ashley_F
Ashley_F Member Posts: 1 New User

When I had decided to reset my laptop, I had chosen the option to keep my photos. However, after the reset had completed, I had discovered that my pictures were in fact not backed up. These pictures are important family pictures which hold a lot of memories for my family and myself. Anybody know how I could retrieve them?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Ashley_F

That's rotten luck! There are 2 options for you.

1. Download and install Recuva (click on the green Free Download button). When it runs select the type of file you wish to recover and enable a deep scan. This will take a few hours (depending on the amount of photos). When finished, it will display the results. Save any file found to a separate drive IE, USB memory stick. Some files may be unrecoverable.

2. Look online for a data recovery company - these are usually more successful, but can cost a lot of money.

If you manage to get your photos back, make backup copies either to a blank disk or external HDD or memory stick and do this regularly. If you ever have any more problems, you'll still have all your pictures Smiley Happy