Overscan Option for VN7-592G

cfortney
cfortney Member Posts: 15 New User

Hi,

I sometimes plug my V15 Nitro Black Edition via HDMI into the HDTV in my living room. Unfortunately the TV has no overscan option that I can find in the settings, and I'm also unable to find it in the Intel graphics properties or Nvidia Control Panel. Anyone have any idea what I can do? I've tried setting up custom resolutions through the Intel properties which does have an option for underscan, but after setting a custom resolution, it makes no changes at all. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I found two things which possibly won't help you.

"In order to get the picture to fit they could change the overscan setting on the TV (if it's there). A universal alternative for an Nvidia card is to use the Nvidia Control Panel — first change the resolution to one appropriate for the TV (720p or 1080p) then look for the 'adjust size and position' settings and shrink the image to fit the screen."

and

"After playing around with the TV I found the setting to fix it. For those using Hannspree there is a setting under screen size which is by default set to Auto. This sets the LCD to think the input signal is TV."

I looked at my Samsungs settings and under Picture Options there is two settings set to Auto.

Maybe there is something on yours that you overlooked.

"if its a monitor, and not a TV, why would it have the Overscan feature at all?"

• cfortney
    cfortney Member Posts: 15 New User

Thanks for the response - neither one works on my end, though. Some TV's just don't have the option I've found, and this one doesn't. And because of graphics switching, my nvidia control panel for the 960m is limited - the intel graphics I guess handle display settings. I just can't get anything to work in the intel graphics properties to adjust screen size/position or overscan...