On Windows 10, Acer Quick Access ignores system color profile

Nivenor
Nivenor Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

On Windows 10, Acer Quick Access ignores system color profile. For example:
- go to colorcpl.exe, install some ICC profile and set it as default;
- reboot the PC (or log out) and look at your screen color changes while PC is booting;
- you can see that Windows successfully loads your ICC profile, but then, in 1-2 secs, Acer Quick Access drops screen color to its default value (or to yellowish if Acer Bluelight Shield is enabled). Formally your ICC profile stays enabled in colorcpl.exe, but it doesn't actually work until you re-enable it manually.

I think this is a bug. The issue is present even if Bluelight Shield is disabled. The only way I found to resolve this issue was to disable Quick Access autostart.

This makes Quick Access almost unusable for those who use ICC profiles.

The issue was not present in old Quick Access versions for Windows 8.1 (without Bluelight Shield).

Posting here in addition to the support request.

Acer Quick Access 2.00.3006_W10x64_A
Windows 10 1607 x64
Acer Aspire VN7-791G 71H2

Best Answer

• Nivenor

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Two months have passed, nothing changed. Acer didn't hear us.

Meanwhile I found temporary solution for this bug:

- Open Task Scheduler (taskschd.msc)

- Find the task named "Calibration Loader" (Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> WinowsColorSystem)

- This task has two triggers, you have to edit both of them and set delayed start ("Delay task for up to..." - set 10~15 seconds, or more if your system has many autoloading programs)

Now Windows calibration loader starts after (not before) Acer Quick Access and successfully loads my color profile.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Nivenor

Tinkerer

Thank you, but I don't have any missing feature, I have trouble with buggy Acer software.

Quick Access is updated to its latest version. Reinstall has no effect.

• RadeonHD
    RadeonHD Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter

I also noticed the same issue on my laptop. And because I use an icc profile I have had to stop using acer quick access and I lost all of its benefits.  

Acer, We need an update for your software, one that doesnt iterefere with icc profiles.

• RadeonHD
    RadeonHD Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter

I also noticed the same issue on my laptop. And because I use an ICC profile I have had to stop using Acer quick access and I lost all of its benefits.  

Acer, We need an update for your software, one that doesn't interfere with ICC profiles.

Im using version 2.00.3008 on w10 x64

• Nivenor

Tinkerer

Some progress: Acer tech support promised me to inform software developers about this issue.

• Nivenor

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Two months have passed, nothing changed. Acer didn't hear us.

Meanwhile I found temporary solution for this bug:

- Open Task Scheduler (taskschd.msc)

- Find the task named "Calibration Loader" (Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> WinowsColorSystem)

- This task has two triggers, you have to edit both of them and set delayed start ("Delay task for up to..." - set 10~15 seconds, or more if your system has many autoloading programs)

Now Windows calibration loader starts after (not before) Acer Quick Access and successfully loads my color profile.