Nvidia windows kernel driver has stopped working.... Keeps happening more and more

Options
JT80
JT80 Member Posts: 5 New User

I have an Aspire Nitro VN7-791 and i updated to windows 10 home when it was released and everything worked fine untill a couple of days ago. Now i get Nvidia windows kernel driver has stopped working... and the computer freezes completly.It mostly happens when i play Southpark The Stick Of Truth. Ive uninstalled and installed the drivers, nvidia and intel(also with a clean start) removed Geforce experience, turned off nvidia hd audio and made sure the cmputer doesnt overheat but nothing helps. Can someone help, please??

Answers

• fras23
    fras23 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

i am having the same problem, as well as touchpad sensitivity issues.

I am strongly considering rolling back to Win 8.1, my 6 year old HP laptop is 100% fine on Win 10, but it seems this laptop can't take it..

• JT80
    JT80 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

im using an older nvidiad rivrer, 355,98, from september and ive played for 10 h and have had no problems so far. there is a new drivrer released 1/12, 359.06, that i havent tested yet. but i havent found any info on this driver solving the problem.