Notebook suddenly having problems

Options
minkosu
minkosu Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, I bought a Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition (Model VN7-591G-74SK) last year on November.

First problem is that the Fn (function key) stopped working suddenly. 

I cannot change volume/brightness and other things that I used to do easily with the function key. 

I do not know if this helps looking for a solution, but the keyboard light turns back on when I press the Fn key (The lights go out when I am idle for some time). Does that mean the computer recognizes that there is a key being pressed, but does not what the key is supposed to do?

Secondly, I have been having problems with my wifi connections. 

I was able to smoothly connect to wifi and have no problems. I decided to stop using wifi by hooking up to my modem. A week ago, I decided to start using wifi again, but I wasn't able to connect to the connections I used to use. After numerous attempts, I can connect, but it stops working randomly, giving me the error code "dns_probe_finished_nxdomain" or "dns_probe_finished_no_internet" on Google Chrome (On firefox, it just tells me that the computer cannot connect to the internet).

Please feel free to ask about something if my post seems ambiguous. Thank you, and I hope to fix these two problems ASAP.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

In order to resolve the issue with function keys, you need to download and re-install the launch manager application

LaunchManagerAcerLaunch Manager8.00.811511.7 MB2015/01/15Download

To resolve the wifi issue, you may clear the settings saved of your wifi adapter by refreshing it from device manager.

Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard to open device manager.

Click Network Adapters to expand the section. The adapter would be listed. .

Right click on the name of the wireless adapter and uninstall, do not delete the driver software

Then click on Action tab in device manager and select scan for hardware changes.

You may check in device manger the name of the Atheros adapter , then download and install the updated wireless driver listed below.

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (NFA344)11.0.0.37370.5 MB2015/03/19Download
    Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (NFA222)10.0.0.298252.6 MB2015/03/19Download

Now you may go ahead and install the patch released for this model that updates the Windows Power Plan settings to improve wireless performance. Download WiFi patch

Also, you may check if your computer has the later BIOS version V 1.13 Download BIOS V1.13

To check the current BIOS version, press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard, click Run and type msinfo32 in the Run box and hit the Enter key. In the System Information window, click System Summary and locate your current BIOS Version/Date to the right.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.