My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen (Aspire V3-572G)

Options
GeKKo
GeKKo Member Posts: 21 New User
Hi! I reinstalled windows the day before yesterday and since then every time I turn my laptop on after entering my password the screen turns off for like 2 seconds then turns back on. This have never happened to me before. I tried putting my old windows back via Macrium Reflect and I even tried reinstalling it again but neither of those things helped. I have an Acer Aspire V3-572G laptop. Any idea what caused this and how could I fix it? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi GeKKo

As it is still doing the same thing after re-imaging a previous installation, and a couple of complete re-installations , then it might be a loose connection.

Is it ONLY when you log on, or can you reproduce it by wiggling the screen?

• GeKKo
    Options

Just shaked my screen for about a minute and nothing happened, so it only happens when I log-on.

• finlux
    Options
    That is a strange one!

Is your graphics driver up to date?
  • GeKKo
    Options
  • finlux
    Options

Thanks for the link.

It may be a graphics chip problem. Try running a fairly graphics intensive program for a while to see if the screen goes black again.

• GeKKo
    Options

Since this issue started happening I've played GTA V for 3-4 hours straight and no black screen at all.

• finlux
    Options

This is a puzzler!

I'm going to ask one of Acer's technicians to see if they can advise anything....

• GeKKo
    Options

Aight, thanks! Smiley Happy I have no problems other than that black screen, no slow-downs whatsoever.

• finlux
    Options

Sorry for the delay in replying!

Try uninstalling the graphics driver then performing a refresh. Once done re-install the graphics driver, and see if this fixes the issue....

Was 8.1 the original OS? If it was then you could try to go back to that then uninstall the graphics driver, upgrade to 10, then re-install the graphics driver - long winded, I know, but may solve the issue.

But ultimately, if there are no other issues then just try to ignore it!

• GeKKo
    Options

I think I'm just gonna live with it for now until I'm experiencing some other problems as well. Thanks for your help and have a nice day!

• finlux
    Options
    You too Smiley Happy