My acer aspire v5 powers on but the screen stays black

Options
jdizzy98
jdizzy98 Member Posts: 4 New User

My acer aspire v5 - 122p went through an automatic update recently after it powered back on it never booted past the initial Acer boot screen I eventually did a hard resetbut now the screen stays completely black the fan is on the blue lights are on but nothing else. From what I have read online you can flash the bios but the file I have downloaded on the Acer website does not match any of the tutorials I have read or watched. Can anyone help walk me through this process?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If you can get into Bios, confirm that EUFI only is set.If that's not it, boot into safe mode.

Hold shift down ans start up, also Alt + F10 as soon as acer logo appears.You will see choose an option.png

Choose troubleshoot, then troubleshoot.png

Choose advanced options

advanced options.png

choose Command prompt and go to 

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt and see what caused it not to boot.  

• jdizzy98
    Options

okay I tried holding Down shift Alt f10. the screen is still black what should I try next?

• philetus
    Options

You tried powering up while holding shift down? When that didn't work you shut down and restarted and hit Alt + F10 as soon as acer logo appeared?

• jdizzy98
    Options

the Acer logo never shows up.when I press the power button the blue light comes on showing the laptop has turned on but the screen never flickers or comes on at all

• philetus
    Options

Doubt this will work, but one person said this worked for him. From shutdown hold power button down for 30 seconds.

If you shine a flashlight at the screen at a 45 degree angle and look closely, is there a very faint desktop or other image?

• jdizzy98
    Options

ok I have tried several different flashlights the sunlight and a lamp and I can't see anything whatsoever on the screen

• Ash123
    Ash123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I dont know anything about holding a flashlight to the screen.

What worked for me was that 1. from when the computer is completely shut off and the lid open press and hold down the start button for atleast 30 seconds. The computer will turn on and shut off, but keep holding it down for atleast 30 sec. 2. After all of that, press the start button BUT dont hold it down, just press on it normaly and let it run.

Now if this doesnt work you should search for additional help.

Hope this worked! 

• jgorreon
    jgorreon Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. I follow all the possible solution on this thread, but nothing is work. I already emailed the contact support and their reply is need to flush/update the BIOS. But, how to update the BIOS?