My Acer V15 Nitro BE turns off when power adapter is unplugged ):

mob9221
mob9221 Member Posts: 5 New User

Ok so here is the problem. I really don't know when this started happening but it suddenly just did. Just a heads up, my laptop has not been through a heavy fall or anything like that. Sometimes the charging indicator light does not light up but the battery still shows as charging in windows. Its at 89% since the last 2 hours. As soon as i unplug the charger, the laptop just turns off and does not start without it. I can't even contact acer support since my laptop is not in warranty anymore ;/. I just did not notice it before because my laptop is usually plugged in on my desk. Please need help asap. Thx in advance Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

This usually means the battery has died, is disconnected, or you may have pressed the "undock" battery button on the bottom of the case. You might have to open it up and unscrew the battery out, and make sure connections are fully plugged in, and put it back in. If this doesn't work, you might need/want to buy a new one, as power entering the computer directly instead of the battery can damage internal parts over time.

Use this for refrence:

http://i1.wp.com/laptopmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/DSC059631-620x4091.jpg

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

This usually means the battery has died, is disconnected, or you may have pressed the "undock" battery button on the bottom of the case. You might have to open it up and unscrew the battery out, and make sure connections are fully plugged in, and put it back in. If this doesn't work, you might need/want to buy a new one, as power entering the computer directly instead of the battery can damage internal parts over time.

Use this for refrence:

http://i1.wp.com/laptopmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/DSC059631-620x4091.jpg

• Rockeraocao
    Rockeraocao Member Posts: 10 New User

Hi, if you have opened your laptop before this happened, look if everything is inserted back properly (HDD on the foam inside, some cable interfering etc). If you havent opened it and you are sure that everything is fine inside, just try tighten the screws on the bottom as much as possible.

There is a switch on the motherboard which allows to use the battery only when laptop is tightly put together. If its not fully pressed down, it might cause you this trouble.

• mob9221
    mob9221 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Thanks for all of your replies I was able to fix my laptop by just opening it up and disconnecting the battery and putting it back in Smiley Happy the laptop stI'll stays on Even after unplugging and it also charges fine now. hope this method helps other people with the same problem Smiley Happy thanks for the replies again.