My Acer Aspire V3-572G does not turn off completely

Options
fashion_m
fashion_m Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, i have Acer Aspire V3-572G running Windows 10 Home. Sometimes when I shut down the computer from Windows start menu the computer does not shut down completely. The monitor goes blank, HDD stops spinning and the fan slows rotation (but is still rotating) and the power LED is still on. I have to hold the power buttong > 4 seconds to turn off the computer completely. I think the OS sends shut down command to the motherboard but the motherboard doesn't turn off the computer. I think this state is similar to the old computers that does not support ACPI and when you shut down Windows you get message "It's now safe to turn off your computer" - the OS is shut down but the computer is still running.
Why do you think is this happening and how to solve it? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ivasoad
    Ivasoad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi! i have the same problem! and i dont find the solution, im suffering this problem since 1 year ago lol. Try to format windows 10, looking drivers and changing options on BIOS and Windows and i think the problem doesnt dissappear on Windows 8... anyone knows something!?

• fashion_m
    fashion_m Member Posts: 9 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

SOLVED: After a lot of Google search, I found out that the problem was a driver: Intel Management Engine Interface v.11 was buggy. Some users suggested downgrading the driver version, but I downloaded the latest version of this driver (11.7) for my OS (Win10 x64) and the problem is solved!
    If you're using Windows 10 x64, try this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26482/NUCs-Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i3BN-NUC7i5BN-NUC7i7BN

Tell me if this solves your problem.