Mouse lag - Aspire v3-574g-554v

Options
DDave
DDave Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, just recentlty bought Aspire v3-574g-554v. Laptop is great, but after updating it from win 8.1 to win 10, I got strange problem: mouse and touchpad starts randomly stutter. At first i tought that was windows upgrade problem, so I reset windows and mouse stoped stuttering, but after i installed Realtek drivers from Acer site, problem returned. I tried to uninstall Realtek drivers, yet problem persists. Anyone can help? Thanks Smiley Happy

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

DDave,

I'll give you two potential workarounds.

Workaround 1:

1. Go to Task Manager and click the "startup" tab

2. Disable Realtek HD audio manager

3.  restart your computer

Workaround 2 (is a little strange--I know):

1. Reset computer to Windows 8.1 (Factory condition)

2. Update to Windows 10 through Windows update.

3. Use Acer Care Center only (Don't get drivers from Acer downloads website)

4.  Update drivers in the exact order that they appear in acer care center (from top to bottom).

5.  Check Acer Care Center for critical BIOS update.  Don't worry if there isn't one.  You can check Acer Website for BIOS update.....and there may or may not be one.

Either of those workarounds worked for me and it seems that the stars must align to avoid that bug.  Workaround 2 came about after 10 attempts of frustrating factory default resets. I don't have your computer model or platform......so it's possible that my workarounds won't work for you.  But lots of people have had problems with Realtek HD audio manager on various models causing skipping or beeping of the touchpad.

Edit:  Don't ask me why I don't have to disable the Realtek HD audio manager in Task Manager for Workaround 2.  Because I have no idea.  And it makes no sense (to me).  Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.