Model specs

Options
frankbisby
frankbisby Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchased an

Acer Aspire V3-574-7481 from the Microsoft store. Cant find any information about it other than whats on the site which leaves lots of info out. On the box it says V15 then the V3-574-7481, they had another choice, an Acer Aspire V3-574T-534M. Mine has an i7-5500ou processer, 8 gig ram, and 1T hard drive. The other one had an i5 processor 6ram and 500 hard drive. The only reviews I have found are for one that has a G after the 574. The review I read on the one with the G was very good partly because of IPS display. Can't find out if mine has that. Can anyone help me decide whether this is a good machine? One other thing that bothered me, the returm address on the shipping label says Microsoft return center, which makes it sound like it's one that was returned and they shipped it to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Answers

• frankbisby
    frankbisby Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I don't know where to look if someone has info that will help me. I'm an old man, and about the least tech savvy person in the world!

• PiratesJenna
    PiratesJenna Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi Frank.  I have the lesser model that you mention.  The V3-574T-534M.  Yours has the the more powerful processser (i7 is top of the line), more RAM and a bigger hard drive.  So yes it is a machine with really, really good specs.  I'm mostly a general user ie browsing the internet, Microsoft Office, listening to music and watching videos etc.  And this lesser model is plenty for my use.  So you should be more than fine.  Your computer will be able to run anything with ease. 

But I'm in the same boat.  I believe these models are so new that reviews do not exist yet.

I've only had mine for a few days so far.  I noticed that my package also said "Microsoft Returns" which is really weird but you're not the only one. 

The Microsoft Store has a 30 day free return policy so I say check it out, see how you like it and go from there.  Worth mentioning is the fact that ours are "Signature Editions," (all from the Microsoft Store are) meaning they are free from bloatware (or all those extra, unneeded programs that get installed and can slow down a computer and cause problems.)