Max Memory Bandwidth on VN7-792G-75RU

CarnegieJ
CarnegieJ Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am planning to increase the RAM size in my VN7-792G, 16GB -> 32GB. I would also like to use the highest bandwith memory that is currently supported. Any suggestions or reviews to help me decide on a good high bandwidth 32GB memory kit? My VN7-792G came with DDR4-2132 (1066 MHz) memory modules (HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF).

Cheers,
CJ

Answers

• Hello,

• According to the Acer specifications, it's 2133MHz.
    • According to the Intel specifications, it's 2133MHz too. As the processor manages the memory, it is the hightest: Link
    France
  • CarnegieJ

@laurent_14, ditto... I read the same specs and a few others like it before I posted the message. After my intial memory bandwidth research, I still have a bit of uncertainty regarding the reaction of the Intel Memory Controller (IMC) in the 6th generation processors if DDR4 memory modules with Intel XMP 2.0 profile speeds that start at 2400 MT/s are installed.

I may just bite the bullet and go with DDR4-2400 modules for my 32GB upgrade. I'll report back my findings and CPU-Z results.

Cheers,

CJ

• CarnegieJ

Currently, I'm waiting a bit for the "right" DDR-2400 memory sale and to acquire a 2TB SSD to upgrade the existing internal HDD. Because it's a PIA to open up my 792G and upgrade components, I plan to upgrade both RAM and HDD at the same time to minimize my laptop downtime.

I'll ping-back to this thread with my solutions and test measurments.

Cheers,

CJ