Major Overheating Problem - Acer Aspire V3-571G

Options
mattandbenny
mattandbenny Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone

I have a major overheating problem with my Acer Aspire V3-571G, which i have had for just over 2 years. 

It gets hot regularly, and unless i use a cooling pad or have the fan part hanging off the table, it turns itself off regularly. If i'm using the internet i can cope with it, but i recently bought the new football manager game and my laptop can't handle this at all. It turns itself off after about 5 minutes, even when i use the cooling pad sometimes. I downloaded Core Temp and after a couple of minutes of the game the temperatures go shooting to 90 degrees, and 5 minutes later they are at 100 and the laptop turns off. I just quit the game 5 minutes ago and as i'm writing this the temperature is varying between 85-90 degrees, and has been for the last 10 mins or so. 

I have tried cleanin the laptop fan buy using the hose attachment of the hoover to try and suck any dust etc out from it, but it doesn't seem to have made much difference. 

Basically this post is a cry for help haha! I am tempted to take it to a computer shop and ask them to fix it, but don't really want to be laptopless for a few days, and have to fork out £50-£100 to have it fixed. 

Any tips/advice please as i really wanna play my new game!! 

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Mattandbenny

I think really, you'll have to bite the bullet & take it in for a repair.

Your overheating will either be:

A dust issue (the hoover may not have completely removed it all)

The fan isn't cooling properly

Processor or mobo issue

Also, have you checked that your laptop meets the minimum spec for Football Manager?

• lorus
    lorus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

the overheating is a bios/software problem, not dust or anything like that