Laptop loses power and won't boot

Options
varrg
varrg Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire V5-573G running Windows 10 Home 64bit, but I experienced the same problem while running Windows 8.1 Home 64bit.

I leave the PC on or off, come back a few hours later. The power indicator light don't shine if left off, shine orange if left on. The charging indicator lights blue if charging, else not.

I press the power button, both lights turn off and it does not boot.

I tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds, disconnect and reconnect the power adaptor, tap the power button, etc. The laptop seems dead.

I open up the laptop and disconnect the battery and reconnect it instantly. The laptop boots.

This issue repeats itself every time and it does not matter whether I have it connected to the power adaptor, leave it on or off, sleep mode or awake.

Since the lights do shine until I press the power button to wake/boot it up, I'm assuming it cease to respond once I do press the power button.

Help?

Answers

• varrg
    varrg Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

After additional tests I've noticed the following:

The hold-power-button-for-30-seconds trick works if, and only if, the battery is disconnected. When the laptop loses power as described in the original post, and the battery has been disconnected, I disconnect the power adaptor, hold the power button for 30 seconds, connect the adaptor and the laptop boots.

If the battery is connected, this trick does not work.