Is there M.2 slot on V3 575T-7008???

Options
sreera
sreera Member Posts: 4 New User

I recently bought a V3 575T-7008. I'm planning to add SSD if M.2 slot is available on this model. Can anyone throw some light?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

There is no M.2 slot on this model. Certain models are shipped with a SSD instead of HDD.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

There is no M.2 slot on this model. Certain models are shipped with a SSD instead of HDD.

France
  • sreera
    Options

Thanks for the quick response.

Can I atleast replace mechanical drive with SATA III SSD?

Something like

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U

• laurent_14
    Options

Yes of course. It's a good choice!

--- Don't forget to create the recovery media in factory default and save your personal data ---

--- before to replace the HDD ---

France
  • sreera
    Options
    Thanks Much... Will do that.

If I swap the HDD, will that void my warranty? Provided, I dont mess up anything else while swapping.
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi sreera,

No, swapping out the HDD for an SSD won't void your warranty. Laurent has the best information though, make sure you create your recovery media before hand, and if possible keep that HDD incase you do need to make a warranty claim.

Cory

• sreera
    Options
    Sure. Thanks for the confirmation.
  • jrbdmb
    jrbdmb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am in the market for a new laptop, and I am looking at a few Acer models including the 7008 (B&H) and VN7-572TG-775T (Microsoft Store).

Would your answer apply to all of the current Aspires?  And does it apply to the HDD as well?

In other words would models without an SSD not include an m.2 slot, and would models with only SSD not come with a 2.5" drive connection?  I'm thinking of eventually having a HDD of 1TB or more for media storage plus an SSD - to do this do I need to get a model with both already included like the 775T?

(Edit - Now I am a bit confused as looking at other threads there are some Aspire or Nitro models that do come with an empty m.2 slot.  So is this on a model-by-model basis?)

Thank you for the help.