Is it possible to upgrade an SSD-only Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition with an internal HDD?

Options
Vietinghof
Vietinghof Member Posts: 2 New User

I've recently become an owner of SSD-only Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition and I'm seriously considering upgrading it with 1TB HDD along with existing 256GB SSD. Laptop will accomodate any conventional 2.5'' HDD but there's a catch. In order to be connected to motherboard HDD requires some strange ribbon-like connector, which is apparently Acer proprietary (I couldn't find anything similar). Is there a way to buy this connector? Any help appreciated.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,079 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

1. What model do you own exactly?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

3. Do you talk about HDD cable?
    France
  • Vietinghof
    Vietinghof Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

I own Acer Aspire VN7-591G-70FN, i7-4720HQ 8GB RAM GTX960M 4GB 256GB SSD.

S/N NXMUUEC005

HDD cable? Yes, that's probably how it called. I wasn't sure which term to use. Cable that connects HDD to motherboard. I don't have it because my laptop doesn't have HDD, and without it I cannot install neither HDD nor 2.5'' SSD. Is it possible to buy it somewhere?

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,079 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

The part you'll need is:

50.MQJN1.004CABLE.HDD.FFC (link only for the picture)

You could search it with the part number in using a search engine. I found it on an online shop in your country.

It costs about 10€+shipment (availability - 2 weeks from warehouse - 9 in stock).

France