Is Acer doing away with WIFI AP mode in Aspir V15 Nitro series ?

Options
Golfindale
Golfindale Member Posts: 4 New User

When I bought my Laptop it came with Windows 10, WIFI ap mode was working great, and since I have to eply on sharing my internet connection from my laptop the addition of Acer quick access with internet sharing option was a boon. 

With the new update to Acer quick acess that option was removed. Also when the new windows update rolled out I noticed that the new drivers do not even support AP mode. This was a huge inconvenience to me, as it is a really basic feature set all other OEM's support. 

FYI: finally i had to roll back windows to a previous version to get AP mode back, even a third party software like Connectify could not create a AP because the new drivers does not support it.

Can you please clarify on this and assure to me it is a bug at the least. this would be a deal breaker for a lot of acer fans.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Golfindale,

Can you help me understand a few things, which unit do you have? I know you have a V15, but It's a VN7-??? and that will help me. Also, when you say Wifi AP, are you talking about turning your notebook into a hotspot so other devices can connect through it?

Finally, can you help me understand what update you did? Was it a driver update or did you do the Windows November release?

Thanks,
    Cory

• Golfindale
    Options

My Laptop model number V97-5N1G

Yes i'm talking about the creating a hotspot, the hardware device driver has to support that feature. Which in windows is called a virtual hosted network.

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Thanks Golfindale,

Just to clarify, I believe you're referring to the VN7-591G.

Do you know what updated (either manually or automatically) to remove the feature? Could you send me a private message with your Serial Number?

Thanks,
    Cory

• pjenoy
    pjenoy Member Posts: 42 New User
    Options

I have a question for you, in your quick access tab, do you have cooling boost and dust defender option?

• Golfindale
    Options

I have tried two version's of Wuick Acess and non of these versions has that featture, why do you ask ?

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Hi Golfindale, 

I received word that Acer Quick Access does have the functionality in Windows 8/8.1, however, the feature has changed in Windows 10 and it is a limitation of the software. We are working on a future version of Quick Access to return this feature. 

Hope this helps,
    Cory