Internal DVD Drive for Aspire V 15 Nitro (VN7-572G-573E)

Options
hami
hami Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I bought the Acer (see topic) few months ago, and now decided to get an internal DVD-drive to this laptop. I know how to take the dummy/fake drive out, but I noticed that the shape of the cover is unusual, so I cannot buy a DVD drive just from some IT-shop, as far as I understand. It would leave a significant opening to the bottom cover of the laptop. The cover cannot be moved from the fake one, it is permanent part of the plastic assembly.

Where can I buy a DVD drive to my Acer? Is Acer the only one who can provide this, and if it is, how to get the part? Online shop doesn't have it.

Please provide the exact information for the customer in Finland. I noticed that the website of Acer takes me quite quickly to the website of Acer Sweden, in Swedish. Not happy, but maybe I'll manage it from there if I know exactly how to proceed. If there is no service for Acer customer in Finland of course.

If this shaped drive can be bought elsewhere, I would appreciate that kind of unofficial info as well.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Here are the part numbers of ODD modules (bracket, screw, ODD unit, bezel):

Spoiler
    33.G6GN1.001BRACKET.ODD
    86.MQJN1.002SCREW.M2 x L3 (Qty=1 - To fix the bracket/ODD unit)
    KO.00607.010DVD.BLUE-RAY.9MM.TRAY.X6 (Panasonic)
    KO.00807.020DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (Panasonic)
    KO.0080D.017DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (Hitachi Lg Data Storage)
    KO.0080D.019DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (Hitachi Lg Data Storage)
    KO.0080F.008DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (Philips Lite-on Data Solutions)
    42.G6GN1.003ODD.BEZEL.BLUE.RAY
    42.G6GN1.004ODD.BEZEL.SUPER-MULTI

As I don't speak your language, I think you can send an email to this address:

Spoiler
    Jos etsit Acer tuotteeseesi varaosia, voit lähettää varaosaa koskevat hinta- ja saatavuustiedustelut osoitteeseen: Varaosat.Finland@acer.com
    Liitä viestiin mukaan laitteesi pohjasta löytyvä sarjanumero (S/N: ) nopeuttaaksesi tiedustelusi käsittelyä.

You could also take a look at this webpage.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Here are the part numbers of ODD modules (bracket, screw, ODD unit, bezel):

Spoiler
    33.G6GN1.001BRACKET.ODD
    86.MQJN1.002SCREW.M2 x L3 (Qty=1 - To fix the bracket/ODD unit)
    KO.00607.010DVD.BLUE-RAY.9MM.TRAY.X6 (Panasonic)
    KO.00807.020DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (Panasonic)
    KO.0080D.017DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (Hitachi Lg Data Storage)
    KO.0080D.019DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (Hitachi Lg Data Storage)
    KO.0080F.008DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (Philips Lite-on Data Solutions)
    42.G6GN1.003ODD.BEZEL.BLUE.RAY
    42.G6GN1.004ODD.BEZEL.SUPER-MULTI

As I don't speak your language, I think you can send an email to this address:

Spoiler
    Jos etsit Acer tuotteeseesi varaosia, voit lähettää varaosaa koskevat hinta- ja saatavuustiedustelut osoitteeseen: Varaosat.Finland@acer.com
    Liitä viestiin mukaan laitteesi pohjasta löytyvä sarjanumero (S/N: ) nopeuttaaksesi tiedustelusi käsittelyä.

You could also take a look at this webpage.

France
  • hami
    hami Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for the information and quick reply! I'll contact them. Not sure how I did not find that page.