Intel HD Graphics 4600 will upon occasion not wake external HDMI Monitor

Options
GFXGuy74
GFXGuy74 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello there, I've been having a problem with my Acer V17 Nitro VN7-791 Win10 64bit computer.

I work with two monitors (the built in monitor plus a 1080p external 24") using the HDMI port on this computer. Occasionally my computer will only wake the built-in monitor and not the external HDMI monitor when it wakes from sleep. It behaves as there is a second monitor (mouse can move over to it but you don't see anything) but it doesn't "see" it when in the display preferences. Unplugging and plugging the monitor back in does not work but if I go to device manager and disable the Intel HD 4600 graphics adapter and then enable it again, the monitor comes back on and works the way it should until this happens again some random time later.

I have heard that Intel has fixed this issue with Windows 10 with a new driver but when I attempt to install the driver it tells me that I need to contact the computer's manufacturer to get new drivers since the current driver isn't generic. I have the latest driver from ACER (10.18.15.4248). Is there something I can do to remedy this problem?

-Robert