Install SSD on V15 V5-591G-71Q8

Options
TheBeege
TheBeege Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey friends,

Just grabbed the V15 V5-591G-71Q8 from Newegg. Have a pretty sweet Crucial BX100 1TB SATA 2.5" SSD in my old laptop that I'm trying to transfer. Figured out how to make the Windows 10 silliness work, but the Acer still isn't recognizing the drive. When attempting to boot, I get a no bootable device message, and it doesn't show up with the model number of the drive when looking at the boot order in the BIOS. What gives? I've swapped it out with the HDD that it came with. In theory, everything should simply work, right? I know the drive works. I'm using it right now in my old laptop to post this. Am I doing something wrong?

Spent three days on this thing, and I'm about to return it if I can't get this to work.

Pls halp T_T

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are a lot of people having problems wirh the BX100 not being recognized. Do you have the bios updated to the latest?

Try this search "crucial BX100 ssd not recognized in bios"

Answers

• philetus
    Options

What Is the old drive formatted to? GPT? Are you going to clone the old HDD to it?

• TheBeege
    Options

There's no old HDD. I have an "old" SSD that I want to continue using. It's GPT. The laptop came with a new HDD that I was just going to convert to an external.

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are a lot of people having problems wirh the BX100 not being recognized. Do you have the bios updated to the latest?

Try this search "crucial BX100 ssd not recognized in bios"

• TheBeege
    Options

Gross. Good to know. Okay, thanks. I just bought an M2 SSD to toss in there.

I know this may not be relevant to Acer specifically, but you happen to know off the top of your head if I can move the Win10 license from the HDD that came with the machine to the drive in the M2 slot? If not, I can go check out the ten forums for tips.

Thanks again

• philetus
    Options