I installed windows 10 on a new hard drive on my aspire v3-771 now have no realtek or dolby home

rtshafer2000
rtshafer2000 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771, originally had windows 8.1 but had to put in a new hard drive.....my brother did it for me and upgraded to windows 10.  With 8.1 I had realtek sound and dolby home theatre, professionally tuned and the like.  Now I have 10 and it's just high definition audio...........it sucks!!  How do I get realtek and dolby home theatre back?  Or can I?

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

It looks like your notebook does not have driver support for windows 10. You could try to install the windows 8.1 drivers which are available on acer drivers page, or you can try to install the most recent drivers which are available from the realtek web page. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

However, I cannot tell you that in any way you will be able to get back the Dolby. But as far as I know dolby digital plus comes integrated in windows 10 or it should come if your notebook has dolby support. You should check it in playback devices, here select speakers, and then properties. In the top menu of the new window you should have dolby.

If you are not happy you can try to manually install dolby from the drivers folder which you downloaded from acer drivers page. Inside there should be a folder named PCEE4 which contains the installers for dolby home theater and dolby advanced audio. But I cannot tell you how well it will work on w10 since they were made for w8.1

• rtshafer2000
    rtshafer2000 Member Posts: 3 New User
    So I'm thinking of going back to 8.1, I like it better only because of the features I had before. If I go back to 8.1 the realtek and Dolby should be there even though this is a new hard drive right? My brother is the tech guy, not me. Thanks for your help
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Well, before I would go back, I would try to manually install the dolby home theater as I suggested in my last line. If the dolby theater would not work I would recommend to go back to 8.1

Normally you should have dolby back as you said if you will install the drivers after your windows 8.1 install. However, since I did not had a windows 8.1 I am not sure if the driver install will automatically start to install as well the dolby theater or you will need to manually start the installation as I said above.