I have an Acer Aspire V5-122P and it won't boot.

Options
paulmc
paulmc Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V5-122P and it won't boot.  If I disconnect the battery should it boot from just the charger ?  I think that the charger is ok because I tested it with a volt meter and it shows 19V on the meter.  I'm just wondering if I should replace the battery but the computer won't boot.  I've already tried holding in the power button for 60 secs with the battery disconnected and still won't boot.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

You can remove the battery and connect the laptop directly to power adapter. If your Acer laptop is working properly when connected directly to power adapter, then there are chances that your battery is faulty. To cross-check this, you can consider using another battery (if feasible). If the laptop works properly on another battery, you may need to replace the current one.

If using another battery also does not resolve the issue, check out some more troubleshooting options mentioned on the link below:
    http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4/~/what-can-i-do-if-my-computer-does-not-power-on%3F

If the issue still persists, you are advised to contact Acer Customer Service through the option mentioned in the link above for further assistance.

Hope this will help you.