I am new to Forum. Cannot receive a wifi signal unless close router.

iamtheone71
iamtheone71 Member Posts: 6 New User

I have an Aspire V5-572P-6646 laptop and run Windows 10.  I cannot pick up a wifi signal unless I'm within 10 to 15 feet of my wireless router.  My HP laptop has no problem picking up the router on different floors.  Is there a fix to the wifi problem with the Aspire laptop?

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

In windows search type Device Installation Settings and set it to no, let me choose.

Go to Device Manager/Network Adapters, click the arrow, double click the Wifi adapter, click driver, uninstall and check delete software.Reboot and install the new driver.

Answers

• philetus

What driver is it using?

Typr Device Manager in Windows search

Go to Network adapters and click the arrow.

Double click the Wifi adapter and select Driver. Provider? Driver Version?

• iamtheone71

I have the Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 wireless network adapter.

• iamtheone71

The Qualcomm Atheros driver version is 3.0.2.182

• philetus

Here's what works for some,

Go to Device Manager/Network Adapters, click the arrow, double click the Wifi adapter, click driver, Roll back driver and restart.

This is the latest Acer driver for your laptop

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (NFA222)10.0.0.31859.2 MB2015/07/28Download

Go to Device Manager/Network Adapters, click the arrow, double click the Wifi adapter, click driver, uninstall and check delete software.Reboot and install the new driver.

Latest Atheros driver.

https://www.atheros-drivers.com/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-74-and-Windows10-64bit.html

• iamtheone71

I am having a problem loading the updated driver.  When I uninstall the current driver and reboot my computer to install the updated driver it keeps finding the old driver.  When I try to update to the current driver that I down loaded on my hard drive I get the message that I already have the most recent driver which is the older version.  How can I get my computer to recognize the newer driver version when I uninstall the older version?

• philetus
    Answer ✓

In windows search type Device Installation Settings and set it to no, let me choose.

• iamtheone71

I updated to the current driver but when I walk away from my router the wireless signal is lost.  Any other suggestions?  Is there are problem with the wireless card in the Aspire laptop?  My two other laptops and a tablet can pick up the wireless signal from different rooms.

• philetus

Go back to the driver and check if the new driver installed or if it's still the 3.0.2.182 driver.

The sounds like the antenna may be disconnected from the Wifi adapter. It's possible it wasn't connected good and came off.

• iamtheone71

After I rebooted everything is up to date and working great.  I can now receive a wireless connection in other rooms.  Thank you very much for all your help.