I am a new member and seek your help please with the following problem on my Acer Aspire V3-571

Options
Milavia
Milavia Member Posts: 3 New User

As I am a keen photographer I traditionally project my work from my lap top to a 22 inch iiyama HDS external monitor. Has been great since 2013 up to the past few weeks. My lap top is not now communicating with the monitor and each time I make the connection the lap-top screen turns  off and both screens remain blank until I remove the connection and open and close the lid when the internal screen comes back on again. Perhaps there has been a Windows 10 up-date from Microsoft etc which now prevents this action. For some time before the external screen went altogether, I had to wait anything up to 30 mins before the external screen decided to appear. I have tried a new cable but to no avail. Has anyone also experienced this problem? Thank you

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Milavia

Have you tried to reinstall the driver? It may have become corrupted. Also check to see if there is an updated driver for your graphics card - see here.

If you can, trying using another monitor (or TV) just to make sure your iiyama hasn't developed a fault.

• Milavia
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Yes I have done the following:

Control Panel

System

Device Manager

Monitor

2 x Generic PNP Monitor shown

Up-date Driver

Device is up to-date.

I will check monitor with TV

Regards Milavia

• Milavia
    Options

Hi Kudos,

I still have my original problem i.e. projecting my laptop to an external monitor only its got worse if you see what I mean. Iturn on my computor let us say at 0900 hrs and set the settings to project to my iiyama E2207HDS monitor. Nothing happens of course the silent message from the computor is "get on and use your Lap-top small screen and I will catch with you as soon as I can".  I have got used to the external monitor just fading in without warning  at about 1500 hours in the afternoon just when I am about to shut-down. Sometimes its consistantly 1600 hours.

Can you or anyone suggest why this process of change appears to be on a time delay.?  Milavia