I accidentally deleted my qualcomm atheros drivers

Spannergunn36
Spannergunn36 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi,

I have a V5 571 and I accidentally deleted the Qualcomm atheros drivers. I am using Wifi only so I can no longer connect to the internet. Where can I get the drivers from to re-instate it back to normal?

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I managed to run the setup on my notebook without any error.

I just unzipped the entire archive in a folder and I did run setup.exe from install_cd folder. I don't run the setup.exe directly from the archive. I first extract the archive somewhere.

Alternatively you can extract the wireless only driver archive to a folder.

Then go to the device manager (just write in start device manager). Here you should see the network card with a yellow question mark or something similar. Right click on it and select update drivers ----> Browse my computer for driver software---> Select the folder where you extracted the archive and then click next. If the drivers will match and you did it correctly it should install your wireless driver.

Answers

• sharky25k

Hi,

Here are the drivers from the acer webpage for windows 8.1

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driverv10.0.0.276251.7 MB2014/01/14Download

You can find the drivers here:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Just input your notebook model or search for it manually from the list.

• Spannergunn36

OK I have downloaded the zip file, but there are tons of files there. None of them seem to be a .exe file.

What do I do now? I'm non technical so I need it dumbing down please

• sharky25k

Hi,

When you unzip the main archive there are other two archives and one foder as I saw, right?

In the folder (Install_CD I think it's called) there is a setup.exe file. Run the setup.exe

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Another way:

If you use the original OS, you can re-install the driver from Acer Recovery Management:

1. Launch Acer Recovery Management
    2. Click on [reinstall drivers and applications] and Install Wireless LAN driver.
    France
  • Spannergunn36

I clicked on the acer recovery management and found the wireless Lan. But when it tries to connect it says it cannot run on this platform.

Any ideas?

• Spannergunn36

I have clicked on the folder that says setup.exe, but when I click on it I get a warning box asking if I want to run it. I also says that some exectutables may not run properly unless the whole archive is extracted.

When I press Yes nothing happens. What else should I do?

• sharky25k
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I managed to run the setup on my notebook without any error.

I just unzipped the entire archive in a folder and I did run setup.exe from install_cd folder. I don't run the setup.exe directly from the archive. I first extract the archive somewhere.

Alternatively you can extract the wireless only driver archive to a folder.

Then go to the device manager (just write in start device manager). Here you should see the network card with a yellow question mark or something similar. Right click on it and select update drivers ----> Browse my computer for driver software---> Select the folder where you extracted the archive and then click next. If the drivers will match and you did it correctly it should install your wireless driver.

• Spannergunn36

Here is the screen shotOptimized-20160721_095820.jpg

• sharky25k

Hi,

As I told you, EXTRACT the archive before running the setup. Then go to the folder where you extracted and run the setup exe from the folder not the archive. It is obvious from the screenshot that you are in the archive, not in the folder.

• Spannergunn36

Thank you so much for your help. I did exactly what you said, and I have now fixed the isse and can connect to the Internet again.

Thanks for being so patient with me.