How to up grade memory

drfr57
drfr57 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,
I have a PC Aspire V17 Nitro. (VN76792G678CC)
It has 2 memory slots and a barrette 8GB installed.
I want to install a second to move to 16GB but in the documentation, I have not found how to do.
Thank you tell me how to mount.
Best regard
DR

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Next time it would be a better idea to check what model you wrote, it took me some time to figure out what model you wrote there.

Well I don't know any service manual which would show you step by step how to disassebmble the machine and how to put in the new sticks of RAM. But youtube has plenty of disassembly steps in order to get to the RAM.

But be careful, to my knowledge, I think that all V nitro notebooks have the memory dims on the opposite side of the motherboard (facing towards the back of the notebook) so to install new memory you will need to remove the entire motherboard, since on these notebooks the keyboards comes off and not the back.

Here is a youtube video which shows how to disassemble the notebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhqm2yg_aiI

Also I think that this can void your warranty, even if I did not saw any sticker in my notebook (true, different V nitro model) which would suggest this.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hi drfr57,

You own an Aspire VN7-792G-78CC with certainly one Hynix memory module of 8Gb. I advise you to buy the same part. Hynix is ramdomly compatible with the other brands.

1. Here are the original memory modules:

Spoiler
    KN.8GB0B.032SODIMM.DDR4.2133.8GB (Samsung)
    KN.8GB0G.037SODIMM.DDR4.2133.8GB (Hynix)

2. Yes the memory slots are located on the hidden side of the motherboard. That requires a complete disassembly.

See the attachment.

France
  • drfr57
    drfr57 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Thank you for your answers,

I thought the installation of additional barrette was simpler and had already bought a new barrette.
    I'll do with my vendor for the resume and I'll stick with my 8GB.

Best regard

DR