How to tell if my VN7-791G-77ZF is a "Black" edition?

Options
Mckeefam
Mckeefam Member Posts: 3 New User

Presuming it is a Black Edition why do I not have a Cool Boost and Turbo Boost in my Quick Access? On a related issue I have also started after 6 months since new been experiencing my CPU being stuck on 798MHz even when cool and  not even achieving the basic 2.6GHz when running Microsoft FSX Flight Simulator. CPU temp was getting up to 79 degrees Celsius. I have since applied two solutions from this forum 1. Installed and run Notebook Fan Control which I have to set at 99% because the Auto setting does not seem to unthrottle my CPU and 2. Installed Throttlestop and unticked BD Prochot. These have worked but I should'nt have to do this. Anyway I will continue to monitor this forum for any ideas of the actual problem requiring these "bandaids".

Answers

• Mckeefam
    Options

Bump. Sorry but did not think that this was a difficult question to answer? Maybe it is a stupid question????

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

If your product is a black edition, it should specifically be written on your touchpad or your computer's desktop screen. Also, you can tell by the processor and GPU in the system. Black editions require a 6th generation CPU and a GPU of GTX 960 or higher. I show your system does not meet either qualification. In regards to your other question, did your processor ever achieve the 2.6 Ghz? If it did, I suggest you try recovering Windows to see if that helps resolve your issue. You will not lose any data and can find instructions on this at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37335

• Mckeefam
    Options

Thanks for that. When first purchased the CPU reach 3.6GHz with no overheating or other problems. With the two fixes that I applied I am again reaching 3.6GHz again (as nevcessary) with temps only about 60 degrees running Flight Simulator. Cheers Dan