How to enable Virtualization? (Unit model: Acer Aspire V5-122P).

Options
vergel_carmona
vergel_carmona Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

I already checked the status  of its virtualization through task manager, it says: Virtualization - Disabled". I attempted to look  it at the BIOS but cant find the enable/disable option of virtualization there. 

Unit infos:

Aspire V5-122P

CPU: AMD Quadcore processor, A6-1450M

4GB DDR3

Windows10

Answers

• vergel_carmona
    vergel_carmona Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Been searching for a solution the whole day but cant find anything helpful, some advises are suggesting  to use 3rd party application and are risky that it might damage the unit . Other laptop are easy to configure  virtualization like HP. . Im starting to feel disappointment that I bought this unit. (sigh) 

• eddie0894
    eddie0894 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I having the same proble also with the same unit i just bought. ACER were is your support.

[inappropriate content removed]

• DavoodKhavar
    DavoodKhavar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi there
    I have same problem on BIOS Ver. Insyde Corp. V2.12, 1/20/2014 - Processor AMD A4-1250 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 1000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) - Win 8.0.
    0nly i need enabled virtualization vars_mod.txt ...
    I tried to change vars.txt file by H2OUVE.exe CMD command but i no have the text codes of AMD-v enabled vars.txt file for uploading...!

Pls. help me

• RichardsonA
    RichardsonA Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Was this ever figured out? I have the Aspire TC-281 and I am having the same issue. 
  • ferose
    ferose Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I already checked the status  of its virtualization through task manager, it says: Virtualization - Disabled". I attempted to look  it at the BIOS but cant find the enable/disable option of virtualization there. 

• ferose
    ferose Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Aspire V5-122
    4GB DDR3
    AMD Dual-Core Processor
    A4-1250  1.0 GHz