tmoutard
tmoutard Member Posts: 6 New User

... and I need it for download recovery management

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you don't need to download it....

if your OS boots, you can create recovery disc using Acer erecovery software, already installed on your system.

if you OS doesn't boot, try to press ALT+F10 at boot and check if Acer erecovery starts.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tmoutard
    Options

Alt + F10 is not working

acer recovery management is not present on my computer

and if I try to download it , I have an error message "not D2D system"

so I don't know what to do ...

Thanks

• IronFly
    Options

Press windows key logo + r

type

diskmgmt.msc

take a screenshot of this screen and post it here.

• tmoutard
    Options

OK thank you , here is the screeshot

disk management pb recovery.png

• IronFly
    Options

Ok, D2D is not working because there 4 recovery partitions available.

the Acer good one is the last (13,67Go)

1 - so let's try this:

windows key logo + r

type

diskpart

on diskpart

type

list volume

now check the volume number of the 13,67Go partition

type

select volume x

(x is the volume number of the 13,67 partition)

type

detail partition

take note of "offset" value and "type" (guid)

2 - Open the XML file C:\Windows\System32\Recovery\ReAgent.xml (don't use wordpad but download a free XML editor like:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xml-copy-editor/ ). Locate the line "PBRImageLocation". Set its offset and guid accordingly to the values you found above.

3 - Open a new command prompt or Windows PowerShell with admin rights (press windows key logo + s; type cmd ;right click it and select "run as administrator") and enter reagentc /disable, followed by reagentc /enable.

You should now be able to create a Recovery drive, just follow this instructions (or try with Acer erecovery):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

• tmoutard
    Options

Thanks very much ...

I will proceed carefully in three days when i am back at home ... and of course let you know

gratefully

Thierry

• tmoutard
    Options

Hi , I did all .... but I can't save the WML file

so I did reagentc/ disable and enable

but after when i try to launch acer erecovery it goes on with "not D2D system"  ???

I dont know what I did wrong ?

THANKS

Thierry

-----------------------

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<WindowsRE version="2.0">
      <WinreBCD id="{04894899-4dc6-11e2-b042-206a8a94d542}"/>
      <WinreLocation path="\Recovery\WindowsRE" id="0" offset="485058674688" guid="{eca1ad90-2459-4c71-ae6c-16a6780e3246}"/>
      <ImageLocation path="" id="0" offset="0" guid="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"/>
      <PBRImageLocation path="\RecoveryImage" id="0" offset="485425676288" guid="{de94bba'-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac}" index="2"/>
      <PBRCustomImageLocation path="" id="0" offset="0" guid="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}" index="0"/>
      <InstallState state="1"/>
      <OsInstallAvailable state="1"/>
      <CustomImageAvailable state="0"/>
      <IsAutoRepairOn state="1"/>
      <WinREStaged state="0"/>
      <OperationParam path=""/>
      <OsBuildVersion path="9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500"/>
      <OemTool state="0"/>
      <IsServer state="0"/>
      <DownlevelWinreLocation path="\Recovery\WindowsRE" id="0" offset="1048576" guid="{eca1ad90-2459-4c71-ae6c-16a6780e3246}"/>
      <IsWimBoot state="0"/>
      <ScheduledOperation state="4"/>
    </WindowsRE>

diskpart cipie ecran.png

• IronFly
    Options

Start the XML editor as administrator (right click the exe or the shortcut on your desktop) then retry to save the file

if you didn't save it, you didn't modify....so nothing changed.

• tmoutard
    Options

OK eVERY THINGS WORKED : NEW PARAMETER with xms EDITOR

but ... i DON'T HAVE on my aspire V5 -471 PG any version of acer erecovery ... Where can I download it ... on the net ?

• IronFly
    Options

if you have windows 8.x, you can use the windows recovery software to create a DVD or USB recovery media.

windows key logo + s

type

recovery

select recovery

then click on Create a recovery disk

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

• maxray
    maxray Member Posts: 22 New User
    Options

I upgraded my aspire V5-431 from 8.1-10 by GWX app and everything was fine. however I decided to clean install windows 10 and and ran into activation problem. Now trying to factory reset. unfortunately i do not have the recovery usb. after trying F2 there is no option to enable D2D and Alt+F10 does not work. I have followed your steps:

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

But i dont see any option in the windows 10 recovery to copy files from recovery drive. Please help.

• IronFly
    Options

windows 10 doesn't use anymore OEM recovery partition to create recovery disk.

by the way, why are you having issue on windows 10 activation?

once you did the update, you will be able to do clean install and have it activated; jsut remember to not enter any product key when requested.

• maxray
    Options

I am getting Error code: 0xC004C003 (the specified product key has been blocked)
    I called up microdoft phone support and spoke to a rep. He told me systems shipped with preinstalled OEM windows will not be able to do clean install. it can only be upgraded. And I did not enter any product key. I have skipped thse steps. I read  many reviews and forums before i proceeded with the clean install. I was sure i wont have any activation problem. This was a surprise !!!

• IronFly
    Options

one thing to try is to download the official windows 8.1 iso from microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

if it asks for a product key, your OEM product will not work.

or another solution is to clone the push button recovery to an USB flash drive, mark as bootable and check if you can boot from it to restore your laptop to factory default.

Probably with embedded OEM keys, they need to upgrade and the only way to "clean install" is to reset windows 10.

• maxray
    Options

I am quite sure that my recovery partition is intact...could you please recomend any particular software to clone it into a thumbdrive and boot from there?? 

• maxray
    Options

ACER Aspire v5-431

Update:

I changed from uefi to legacy bios and only then i can see the d2d option in the bios main menu.

But after pressing alt+10 during post. it shows "no os found". any sugestion??

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

@maxray

I upgraded my acer windows 8.1 desktop to windows 10 through windows update on July 29th.  It activated fine.  A couple days later, I did a clean install of Windows 10.  It activated fine almost immediately.

Tonight I wiped the drive clean, and I tried to do another clean install of Windows 10, but it did not activate.  According to the internets, you must wait for 12-48 hours as microsoft is having some issues with their servers.  So I contacted Microsoft via their chat, and they confirmed that they are having some issues with their activation servers.  He said to wait 48 hours.  That's all I know.

• maxray
    Options

its been a week and I am still waiting for activation. I am frustrated and trying to go back to my factory default win 8 and do a upgrade. but I am having issues with recovery. Most likely the clean install messed up my original acer MBR and alt+f10 is giving me a message "no OS found". I have checked my partitions and it all looks intact. 

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

• IronFly
    Options

HDD is GPT and it's correct.

try this with partition magic.

select the push button recovery and mark  it as active and bootable, select ESP and delete active and bootable.

for safety reasons, copy push button recovery partition to an external HDD or USB flash drive. 

then try to boot normally, not pressing ALT+F10